Powerhouse 30 Year Celebration Breakfast Cookies for Bill!
1 1/2 C almond flour
1 C Brown Rice Flour
3/4 C Arrowroot Flour/Powder
1/2 C Ground Flax
1 C Coconut Palm Sugar (A little more if you want your cookies sweeter)
1 1/2 C Dried Cranberries
1 1/4 TLBS Cinnamon (heaping)
1 1/2 TLBS Ground Ginger
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
2/3 Tsp Fine Ground Pink Himalayan Salt
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 TLBS Vanilla
2/3 C Maple Syrup (pure)
2/3 C Earth Balance or Butter
5 Egg Whites OR
2/3 C Chia Pudding or Gel
1/2 C Pumpkin OR 1/3 C Apple Sauce
1/2 C Nut Milk
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add spices and set aside.
2. Whip egg whites in a medium-sized bowl.
3. Add melted Earth Balance/Butter, whipping lightly, then:
4. Add vanilla and Nut milk.
5. Using a hand wisk whip up until frothy.
6. Pour wet ingredients over dry, folding together with a spatula until blended.
Drop by spoonfuls (about 2 TLBS) onto a nonstick cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. If your cookie sheets tend to ‘stick’, use parchment paper.
Top each cookie with a few walnut pieces or dark chocolate chips.
PRESS the walnuts in firmly!
NOTE: I shaped my cookies to the desired depth and circumference when I put the walnuts on top and I'm glad I did – these cookies do not melt down! I also baked two sheets at a time....Every oven is different so start checking them at about 17 minutes.
BAKE: 350* for 20 mins