1 C cracker crumbs (You could use no-gluten bread crumbs or even oat-based cereal)
1/2 Red or Orange pepper
2 Tlbs Vegan/Organic Barbecue Sauce
2 Tsps Peanut Butter
1 Tlbs Onion Powder
2 Tsp Pink Himalayan salt
2-3 Heaping Tlbs Nutritional Yeast
4 Heaping Tlbs Potato or Tapioca Starch
1/3 C Ground Flax
1. Put red pepper in food processor til shredded.
2. Add black beans, rice and seasonings, herbs or sauces. Process until blended well.
3. Put into a bowl and add the ground flax and potato starch - mix well.
4. Allow to sit 20 minutes...form into patties!
5. They will be sticky but oh, they cook beautifully!
6. On Medium-low heat, cook about 12-14 minutes. NOTE: Every stove heats differently, as does every fry pan. I use a no-fat grapeseed oil spray to lightly coat the bottom of my non-stick pan.
7. Flip over, sprinkle with more onion powder, and cook another 15 minutes.
8. We enjoyed these with veggies on the side, but you could easily put them into pita pockets, buns or on toasted bread! YUM YUM!